Privacy: Keep This Cracker
The payment system on this website is managed by PayPal. All card details are automatically deleted at point of purchase.
What information we keep…
Names, email addresses, postal addresses, phone numbers and order history (as relevant)
Keep This Cracker only keeps information on customers and business contacts, who have;
- Ordered products or samples, online from our website or by phone, email or via social media
- Offered their details at our trade and retail stands, meetings and events
- Featured our products in blogs, online articles, social media giveaways/competitions and other forms of press or promotion
- Made enquiries via email (directly or via our website), by phone or through social media
What is done with it…
- Names, email and postal addresses and phone numbers, are held for the purposes of processing and fulfilling orders, and for the general running of the business, including liaising with delivery companies
- Card details are automatically deleted at the point of transaction, for payments made over the phone and at in-person events
- Online transactions via our website are processed through Paypal
- We send newsletters to Trade customers and contacts, with an option to unsubscribe at any time. (These will be sent no more than every two weeks in the run up to Christmas and every few months during the year.)
What we don’t do with it…
We never share your information with third parties for marketing or advertising purposes.
If you would like to know about your information, or wish to have it amended or removed at any time, please feel free to email me.
Please note: ‘Keep This Cracker’ is obliged to keep some information for up to 7 years for financial record keeping.
Some technical stuff…
Google Analytics is used to help analyse how users interact with this website. Google Analytics cookies collect standard internet log information, and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form.
Cookies are used to enhance the user experience when visiting this website. Most web browsers automatically default to accept them. You can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies, please be aware that this may disable some of the functionality on the website.
Please note, information is collected about you during the checkout process on our store.
What is collected and stored
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order.
Cookies are used to keep track of cart contents while you’re browsing our site. When you purchase from us, you will be asked to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. This information will be used for the purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for seven years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses. Comments or reviews will be stored, if you choose to leave them.
Who has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
What we share with others
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you; for example;
We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.